Position Title:Accounting Specialist – Payroll/Office Administrative Assistant
Assigned Work Area:Corporate Office
Reports to:Chief Financial Officer
Positions Supervised:Front Desk Staff
The position has responsibility for a 200+ bi-weekly payroll, quarterly reports and sales tax returns. In addition, the position is responsible for overall office administrative duties, including supervision of front desk staff and the reception area, mail distribution, purchasing requests and work room readiness. Also responsible for coordinating office related activities including office meeting set up and meal service.
The following reflects management’s performance expectations and competencies for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the duties and responsibilities outlined in this position description. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Responsible to record and process an accurate and timely bi-weekly payroll – including all manual adjustments
- Prepare all payroll reports.
- Prepare quarterly federal, state and unemployment tax returns.
- Prepare/distribute payroll related agency payments.
- Prepare/submit quarterly Sales Tax return.
- Record cash receipts.
- Complete bank reconciliations.
- Assist with property insurance claims.
- Administer the Verizon account – including distribution/replacement of phones.
- Maintain and update corporate and agency staff directory and email groups.
- Maintain office and site supply inventory thru review/tracking/approval of all office supply purchases. Negotiate the purchase of office supplies and upon approval of CFO, the procurement thru delivery of furniture, office equipment, etc.
- Coordinate with HR to prepare office space and provide immediate work tools for new employees – computer, phone, name plate, supplies (check list available)
- Distribute postal mail, deliveries and fax documentation
- Supervise and coordinate administrative activities for the front desk staff
- Open office for business (lights on, ready the work room, unlock storage room).
- Manage effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Maintain order, cleanliness and stocking of reception area, kitchen, canteen, conference room and training center.
- Schedule the conference room & training center including reconciling calendar conflict.
- Maintain office equipment, including phone system and scheduling repairs whenever necessary.
- Manage security and cleanliness in the storage room for the records and supplies. Recognize and communicate the need for record removal.
- Maintain office correspondence as assigned.
- Calendaring of regularly scheduled meetings on UMAR Intranet calendar – Board Meetings/Manager Meetings/Quarterly office meeting
- Schedule quarterly corporate office staff meeting and agenda preparation
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day access (such as distributing/maintaining building access keys and security access cards, etc.)
- Provide back up support to accounting specialists.
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
Effective communication techniques and etiquette in conducting activities with human service agencies and the public are essential. Attention to detail as well as analytical skills to produce efficiency within the office. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, initiative, and confidentiality are critical. Ability to make decisions, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Decision Making.
- Organization Skills.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Must have 2 years of processing payroll?
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook?
Job Type: Full-time