Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
Job Title: Direct Support Professional- Full Time - 7 days on 7 days off - Live in
7 Days on Schedule: Wed - 4:00PM - 10:00PM, Thur - 6:00AM-9:30AM, 4:00PM-10:00PM, Fri - 6:00AM-9:30AM, 4:00PM-10:00PM, Sat - 7:00AM-10:00PM, Sun - 7:00AM-11:00PM, Mon-6:00AM-10:00AM, 4:00PM-10:00PM, Tue - 6:00AM-10:00AM, 4:00PM-10:00PM, Wed - 6:00AM-10:00AM - Equals 80.00 Per shift.
Salary & Benefits:Negotiable dependent upon credentials and experience. Full benefits package (Health Insurance UMAR pays 88% for employee only, Dental & Vision, Section 125 pretax health savings account offered to all employees. 403(b) retirement, PTO, Short term disability, Long Term Disability Merit-based bonuses, mileage reimbursement, life insurance, tuition reimbursement program.
Location: Hayesville, NC
Description of Work:
This position performs a variety of duties aimed at assisting IDD residents, without being intrusive, in accomplishing daily living activities and achieving personal goals as outlined on the Plan of Care, which furthers their growth towards independence. This is a direct care position, working with residents with a developmental disability or intellectual challenges. The individual is responsible for reviewing and comprehending the residential program, regulations, rules and schedules. The individual creates a supportive environment assisting the residents with treatment goals, personal care goals, and performing tasks associated with daily living, communication and socialization as per the Service Plan. The individual documents resident care provided. This position reports to the Residential Home Manager. Para-professionals are subject to live-in.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour - with annual pay increases.
General Statement of Duties:
The DSP performs a variety of duties to help participants fully assimilate into their community, develop vocational skills, social skills and meet goals outlined in Person Centered Plans–furthering their growth towards independence. The DSP is also responsible for creating a supportive environment as he or she unobtrusively assists residents.
This position reports to the Residential Home Manager. DSPs will work the scheduled amount of hours as determined by the Person Centered Plan. All DSPs are subject to live-in or complete shift work (each home determines the staffing pattern) and may be required to work at times other than their normal schedule to provide coverage for the residents
The DSP is responsible for reviewing, comprehending and demonstrating a strong understanding of UMAR’s Residential Program participants and the services the DSP provides.
The DSP works to:
- Identify and develop each participants strengths.
- Foster creativity and positive attitudes to build collaborative opportunities with other staff and participants.
- Put primary focus on participants needs; person-centered awareness permeates interactions with participants, staff and others. Participation in all activities is the choice of participants.
- Create of high quality services that result in personal growth benefits for participant
- Contribute to meeting participant needs, recognizing that he or she is vital to growth and maintenance of the services provided.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Staff must meet client specific competencies as identified by the individuals person-centered planning team and documented in the Person Centered Plan.
- Must have a criminal record check and a healthcare registry check, OIG as required in accordance with 10A NCAC 27G.0200.
- If providing transportation must have a North Carolina or other valid drivers license, a safe driving record and an acceptable level of automobile liability insurance.
- Must be capable of passing a pre-employment drug screen and PPD skin test.
- Successful completion of Training/Skills refresher training as mandated to include: First Aid/CPR, Medication Administration, NCI, Blood borne Pathogens, Infectious Disease, HIPAA, Defensive Driving, Core Competencies, Organizational Overview, Health and Safety, General Organizational Orientation Training to meet the MH/DD/SA needs of the clients as specified in the treatment/habilitation plan.
As an equal-opportunity employer, UMAR offers full and part-time positions. Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Health insurance and prescription coverage. Base & Buy Up Plans BCBS of NC
- Dental and vision insurance options
- Pre-tax health savings account - FSA
- Life insurance options - $25,000 paid for by the company
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) retirement plan - with company match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- STD & LTD options
- Aflac Products / Colonial Products