UMAR is blessed to have support from all walks of faith in communities across western North Carolina.
Congregations play a vital role to the success of UMAR programs that encourage, comfort, teach, and enrich the lives of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities every day. Birthed out of the United Methodist Church in 1983, UMAR recognizes the value of a spiritual life and is dedicated to empowering each participant to choose if and how they participate.
Through volunteerism, social events, monetary support, spiritual guidance, and donations of items; churches provide resources that shelter, feed, and give a quality of life to UMAR participants.
EVERY FAITH COMMUNITY CAN LEND A H.A.N.D.
H - HELP
A - ADVOCATE
N - NURTURE
D - DONATE
WHAT CAN YOUR CHURCH DO?
- Pray for UMAR participants and staff
- Financial support through budget
- Hold a UMAR Sunday service with special offering
- Volunteer engagement with participants by Youth, Women’s, or Men’s groups
- Donate items such as canned goods, toiletries, and other paper items
- Take a special love offering
RESOURCES FOR CHURCHES
- Honor Roll of Donors
- Is your church accessible?
- Bulletin Insert
- Fact Sheet
- Previous year’s church giving